Friday, January 13, 2006

hallelujah, my car is back :-)

hopefully the couple of you pastors- in- training who i know read this aren't offended by my subject line. ;-)... but seriously.

so my car went into the shop on monday to get a badly scratched door fixed before it rusts... luckily for me, i was home alone this week and neither of my roommates is crazy enough to drive home like i do, so i had both of their keys.

here's the rundown though.

* leigh drives a mid-90s pontiac bonneville (this is basically her car, only hers is green). she likes it, but the general consensus among everyone else is that it's totally a boat. so given my choice i'll ride in it, but i won't drive it if i have another option.

* colleen drives a 2000 (give or take a year) chevy malibu (basically this, but again different color). it's much more similar to mine, but driving or riding in it i can't help but feel it's a little too box-shaped... the gear shift always feels too stiff like it's about to snap if i try to move out of park... the steering feels like you have to pull harder to get the car to turn, etc. it's more similar to driving my car, but it just feels... stiff and boxy to me... nonetheless, given my options, i've been driving colleen's car to campus this week.

* i drive a 2000 mitsubishi galant (basically this, but yet again different color). after i survived a 1990 ford tempo and a 1987 chevy nova (both of which i loved but drove to their deaths), my parents helped me chip in on getting a wholesale one of these fully loaded... when i have to drive other cars, i totally miss it. it's a reasonable size car to manage and it handles smoothly... it makes me happy.

each of us likes our own car best, but seriously after driving the others for a week, i couldn't wait to get mine back... and finally it's ready for me... today is a happy day. :)

later dudes.

No comments: