Sunday, June 03, 2007

no more drugs...

(...or hopefully almost back to normal!)

what a day! for the first time in a week, i did something besides just watch TV with 80% of my day.

* tooth update: i finished my last dose of penicillin this morning... thankfully, the dull ear/jaw ache i've had since getting my teeth out finally seems to have gone away. my gums are still a little swollen though, so i'm not quite feeling up to solid food yet.... miraculously, i haven't gotten tired of applesauce yet, which is fantastic. :P unfortunately my jaw is still a bit sore to the touch if i bump into anything even slightly... cross your fingers that i get back to feeling totally normal soon! in the meantime, i'm just slow.

* today though, i actually left the house. my friend dave was at a wedding 2 hours away yesterday, and since his return flight was out of philly late tonight, he came to spend the day with me in jersey. it was easily filled between church (with 19 kids getting confirmed, it was a 2 hour service), lunch (i opted for a cheese omelet: look at me moving up in the food world ever so slightly!), and this art exhibit i'd been wanting to see (because i'm ever so exciting. :P). i was quieter than normal since my jaw still hurts, but it was nice to have an excuse to go out with a friend. plus hugs are never a bad thing. :P

this week, the real fun starts though:

* monday (tomorrow!): all my summer REU (research experience for undergrads) students arrive. i'm glad this is my 3rd time around so that i feel like things are under control... hopefully they really will be all day! also, first meeting with my advisor in a month... hopefully he'll be happy with what i've written up in the past month... we'll see.

* tuesday: tooth checkup, and REU orientation dinner... and lots of working on my slides for next week's conference.

* wednesday: my first meeting for the new 2nd job (the one i got hired for friday). not sure how detailed this will be or how quickly i'll assume responsibilities, but i'll find out quickly!

* thursday: first REU seminar, and probably lots of other helping students settle in kind of stuff

* friday: if i haven't yet, spending the day locked in an undisclosed location writing my talk for next week's conference

* saturday: flying to SCOTLAND!!!!!! for a permutations conference. my talk is on monday, and then i can actually enjoy the rest of the week.

with a week like this, and still living mostly off of applesauce and potatoes, i'm gonna need all the luck i can get.

... and THAT is the end of my needlessly long and uninteresting play-by-play of the week... thanks for reading... be parties one and all! (and wish me luck...)

No comments: