Tuesday, April 22, 2008

life...

it's amazing how quickly things change....

1 month ago, barely sleeping from stress and working hard to finish my thesis...

now, sleeping quite well and enjoying the first break to get mundane things done in months.
the last two weekends have been awesome! this past weekend my brother was here from TN for the first time in 3 years. it was fun to have an excuse to be out and about just having fun... the weekend before that i went to a conference at UC davis and spent the day before exploring san francisco... ran into a number of old friends from various parts of my mathematical past there too.

but even over the summer:

1 month from now, i will have graduated, and have my ph.d. diploma in my hands.

2 months from now i will be flying back from a research conference in new zealand and just past my 27th birthday

3 months from now i will be driving a uhaul full of 3/4 of my earthly belongings from NJ to Indiana with my brother

4 months from now i will be teaching 2-3 college level math classes as "professor" rather than "TA" and hopefully unpacked and settled near chicago.

when things fall into place it's amazing how quickly such big transitions can happen!

mostly, i don't think it's sunk in that i'm technically a "doctor" now, but it has sunk in that i suddenly have more time to breathe and relax in spurts than i've had in years. this will quickly change, but i'm enjoying this phase while it's here!

that's all.

be parties one and all.

No comments: