Monday, May 15, 2006

a weekend of nonstop "fun"

how's this for fun...

friday, after i got done rambling about what a great day i had, i ended up with stomach flu or something of that sort... i spent friday night feeling ill...

moreover, in the process of being violently ill on friday, i somehow managed to pull a muscle in the stomach area, so for the past few days it's felt like i have a stomach ache when i move, but really everything else is fine. it wasn't until last night that my brilliant mother deduced what the problem was, and based on how i feel today, i think she's right... how many people have the talent to pull that off? (both managing to pull a muscle near my stomach and being able to figure out that's the problem)

saturday mom wanted to go clothes shopping and brought me along for moral support. tons of fun. she got a bathing suit for her 8th grade class trip to gatlinburg this week, and i got one for the hot springs in reykjavik next month.

yesterday after church, brother paid for dinner for us all and then i spent much time curled up in bed again from being sore... on the upside, i've made it through 2 of the 3 discs in scrubs season 3. unlike parts of seasons 1 and 2, i actually remember seeing 90% of season 3 while it was on TV live... i knew i liked it a LOT, but i had forgotten what an excellent streak they get on starting halfway through with "my catalyst"... that one, followed by "my porcelain god", "my screw up", "my tormented mentor", and "my butterfly" make for a streak of 5 of my all time favorite scrubs episodes... brilliant.

today? brother's off work... this means that we're doing lunch (most likely dixie cafe), and then he's coming with me for the fun of renewing my drivers license. the epitome of a fun day, right? one of these days i really *should* get around to finishing up planning for the REU and some of my own math... we'll see when that actually happens.

be parties one and all?

No comments: