Friday, October 06, 2006

i just *dare* you...

... to be me this week.

It's 12:30am. That can't be good. I've already given 2 lectures this week, after driving 200 miles away and back last weekend. I've graded nearly 100 calculus quizzes. I've done a bit of reading.

Today, I had students in office hours for nearly 2 hours straight, and answered a continual stream of emails all day about the computer assignment they have to turn in tomorrow.... then I got to be the tech person to set up for and clean up after seminar today. (woohoo)

Otherwise, I spent every bit of time I could get today working on this:

it's my poster for the conference I'm going to in CA tomorrow.... think science fair for math people... Now, at midnight I've finally stopped working on it. I wish I had something more picture-oriented to display. My research is cool but the best I can do is colored numbers... this is about as good as it's gonna get this go around.

Oh yeah, that's right... after running around like mad all day, make that all WEEK, i'm flying to california in ummm... 17 hours. i have yet to pack. i might need to start laundry now at 1am. that's bad.

And it's not like I'm sleeping before then either. I teach from 8:30-1:30 tomorrow (on just how much sleep?!) and then need to be on my way out the door to the airport by 2:45. I land on the west coast around 10pm local time... that's about 24 hours from now.... and I don't really sleep on planes.

I return sunday around midnight, then to get an idea of next week, read the green box on this page.

How on earth did I ever get so busy?!?!?!

Done ranting. Happy weekend all. Maybe my schedule is a bit insane, but I'll be in southern cali and you (probably) won't. ;)

the end.

No comments: