Monday, October 02, 2006

it's gonna be a *crazy* week...

luckily, *since* it's gonna be a crazy week, and since i didn't get to work on any of my own stuff friday or saturday on account of travelling to and attending a conference, i did get more than expected done yesterday, i.e.
(1) planned lecture for calculus class today,
(2) planned lecture for seminar at princeton tomorrow,
(3) started working on some of my students' homework questions that are due this week so that i can answer well in recitation friday,
(4) answered lots of maple lab emails...

that still leaves:
(1) giving the calculus lecture today (dr. z. is not coming in because of yom kippur, so scott and i are each subbing for our own sections)
(2) give seminar at princeton tomorrow
(3) finish doing my students' weekly homework so that i'm prepared to teach on friday
(4) probably answer lots more maple lab emails throughout the week (their first maple lab is due on friday)
(5) grade 90 calculus quizzes
(6) prepare a 4' x 4' poster on what i talked about at the iceland conference in june
(7) pack, etc. to fly to CA for combinatorics conference on friday

if you're not sitting in on one of my talks this week or going to the Cali conference, good luck finding me!

the end.

(p.s. somehow, busy doesn't stop the book buying addiction. i worked for awhile at starbucks yesterday and it's right next door to borders, so "on the way" to the car, i stopped for 10 minutes to look around and left with Cafe Europa: Life After Communism (by Slavenka Drakulic) and Proofs from The Book (by Aigner and Ziegler)... who knows when I'll get around to them, but this is my 2nd Drakulic book (I bought one in Prague this summer and read it before I came back to the States... that was about life in communist eastern europe, this one is about the aftermath), and it fits right in to my current eastern european books fascination... proofs from the book i've been eyeballing for years, and to see a bright shiny new copy right in front of me at borders (when usually popular bookstores have "pop math" books for the masses, and not real hardcore springer publications), how could i not? books are my friends when i'm too busy to sit still and talk much... just knowing they're sitting there just full of good stuff patiently waiting to be read makes me happy.)

later dudes.

No comments: