Monday, November 20, 2006

clap and cheer -- this is exciting!

read this article: Graduate School-New Brunswick selected for Carnegie Foundation program



Summary: Rutgers is one of 7 schools worldwide to a get a grant from the carnegie foundation to study "teaching and learning in masters and doctoral programs". They already named 4 actual faculty members to participate and were in search of 4 graduate students to participate as well.

Each graduate department at Rutgers was allowed to nominate one person, and a month ago, the math department nominated me. 10 minutes ago I was phone interviewed by the CASTL people, and at the end of that they informed me that I'm one of the graduate fellows. How cool is that?

This will involve some extra work next semester, but it's also an honor. Quality of teaching and how to motivate students is something I think about a LOT, and the fact that my university chose me to be one of a few people to be given a leadership role and an active voice in pedagogical discussion is super awesome!

so yeah, clap and cheer. this is exciting :)

the end.

1 comment:

~ruthie said...

hey, congrats on the honor! :)