Sunday, November 05, 2006

my weekend

4pm friday-8pm saturday: here

and after that:
me: dude, i just spent the past 36 hours in an arena filled with 10,000 girls... i really need to interact with a not-a-girl
eric: last i checked i'm still a not-a-girl
me: fantastic! will you do math with me?
eric: sure!

followed by an hour long debate on why eric thinks direct sums of vector spaces are semantically stupid

jealous, right?

(don't get me wrong. i had a fantastic weekend in philly. it was a lot of fun. by habit though, i'm much more in my element in a room full of young to middle aged male mathematicians than in a room full of women or young girls. i'm just not used to being around large amounts of estrogen at once. so good weekend, but also refreshing to sit with a friend and talk about math for several hours tonight too. the girl Christian part of me and the mathematician part of me are both currently content. :P)

now, for the first time since wednesday night, it's time for a decent amount of sleep. yay!

the end.

No comments: