Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

He is risen indeed! Alleluia!!!!!

Easter has always been my favorite holiday, even when I was tons younger... That's right: not my birthday or Christmas for presents, not Halloween for candy. From little on, Easter was tops... not even for the candy and bunnies that go with it in the secular version of the day -- there's always been something horribly exciting from little on about walking into church earlier than normal, the church being PACKED and full of lilies, and really happy music, and even better than all of that getting excited about *why* everything is covered in white and flowers and we're singing such happy things: Jesus was totally dead (hence the singing in the dark and pondering the cross on Friday night), but he's ALIVE and RISEN. There's absolutely nothing cooler in this world than Christ overcoming death and sin and the grave and all the things that go with it.

For as many times as I wonder if I've become too overanalytical to have the wonder of a kid anymore, (and for many things I know I have), Easter's one day that I *still* wake up giddy, with my first thought "Jesus is Risen!" and it sticks with me throughout the day. :). Easter's the one thing I hope I never lose the joy of.

at any rate: to all y'all:

JESUS IS RISEN!!!!!!! ALLELUIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

may you all have a joy-filled easter too :)

No comments: