Tuesday, April 25, 2006

how yay is this?

back in NJ, and i just taught for 5 hours straight on 4 hours of sleep.... this is also the last tuesday of classes, so other than an optional exam review session next week, i'm done teaching for the semester.

despite sleep deprivation, my second section totally made my day though. they're the ones who usually make me laugh, (and they still did today).

2 students stayed after class to ask me questions about my research...like they sincerely cared and wanted to hear about it after listening to me yack about calculus for the whole semester....

BUT what got me even more than that was:
when i finished the last homework problem, and announced "ok! you're free to go... no more calculus recitation this semester", one kid looked sad for a split second and then started clapping, and the whole section joined in to give me a standing ovation.

exhausted, but a standing ovation from my entertaining section TOTALLY made my day. :)

yay for cool students. :P

happy tuesday. :)

No comments: