Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i'm sorry, but this just makes me laugh...

Will Hungarian bridge be named after US martial arts star?

go figure...

the last few days have been brilliant. i fit in my last "touristy thing i've not done yet" on monday: riding the children's railway... the western (i.e. buda) side of the city has these huge hills, and across the top of them is a fun tourist railway with beautiful views of the city to the east, and the hungarian countryside to the west... all the employees are kids (except the drivers). i got off halfway through the route to climb the erzsebet lookout tower at the top of janos hill and then to take the super long chairlift back down. it was gorgeous and the weather was perfect.

otherwise, i've been socializing with my hungarian friends. zsofi and peti had me and shalom over for dinner on monday night, and bernadett had me over for dinner last night... we chatted for 5 hours. i love my budapest friends. :)

parents get in to budapest in 2 hours... since they've never left the states before, it's going to be an entertaining week showing them around... wish me luck!

later dudes... happy wednesday? :)

1 comment:

~ruthie said...

hope that your parents had safe travels and that you have an awesome time exploring with them (of course this means that you'll probably be re-doing some of those touristy things).