Wednesday, August 02, 2006

last night...

2 half liters of beer, two glasses of moravian wine, and half an absinth cocktail, all for less than $5... i LOVE europe!

when i'm not filling my stomach with czech beer, i'm filling my head with other exciting things:
* lectures, and the Prague Post
* I finished About a Boy (by Nick Hornby) last week. I had liked the movie, but the book was 10 times better.
* Next, I started in on A Mathematician Reads the Newspaper (by John Allen Paulos). It's quality. It's also written in short 2-3 page bursts, and is non fiction so it's easy to read in short bursts on the tram or metro... however,...
* Yesterday, I got distracted by The Czechs in a Nutshell: a user's manual for foreigners (by Terje B. Englund). I figure it's more appropriate to read it while still in Czech Republic than later, so it's become my new book of choice for the week... 39 pages down, 240 to go...

and for the ears...
* before i left, i was already completely hooked on We Don't Need to Whisper (Angels and Airwaves)... seriously there's not a bad track on the whole disc, it just ROCKS.
* i also bought Give Up (The Postal Service) from iTunes just before I left, and it's gotten substantial playtime from me as well.

math lectures, alcohol, reading, music, pubs, jazz clubs, gardens... that's my week in a nutshell. yay europe!

the end. :P

No comments: