Tuesday, May 29, 2007

i survived!

dude,

so glad this morning is over... will be super glad when a few more days are over.

i got so many stories from so many people of what it's like to be put unconscious for getting teeth out. none of them applied.

they got an IV in me (after several attempt... apparently my veins are super hard to stick so i've got quite an array of bandaids on my arms).

my face/mouth were completely numb, and there was an IV in me the whole time to keep me calm, but i was completely conscious and aware of what was going on the whole time. i made unhappy noises at them when i heard the teeth popping out. i kept hearing i would be completely unaware, and yet i remember it all quite clearly. very odd experience. i think i'm actually happier that i wasn't knocked out completely. i was the most paranoid about that.

so now, i'm not drowsy, just unhappy with how my jaws feel and with having a ton of gauze in my mouth for the rest of the day.

eric wins a prize for being super helpful today. the worst is apparently over, and i'm glad i survived. :P

and that's the update.

the end.

No comments: