Monday, June 19, 2006

say hey, it's a good day

* my REU kids missed me. i ran into like half of them around and about the office today and they all were super glad to see me again. :)

* people seem to like my iceland pictures too; i've had fun telling my stories all day.

* i actually have birthday plans for wednesday night... jessica's coming up, and several math people will join us for happy dinner at a good restaurant, i'm excited. :)

* i FINALLY found ben and jerry's black and tan (beer flavored) ice cream at the local grocery store when i took the czech students shopping today. i'd tried this when scott and i visited the factory in march, and had been looking for it ever since without success. when i saw it, i got way excited and started calling people to rejoice vicariously via cellphone.

* while updating my math website, i came upon this. not only have i won best pizza seminar for last fall by vote of the grad students, i'm now an excellent TA by vote of professors too. this makes me really happy. it's even cooler that the person i get to share the honor with is eric.

not even 10 and i'm ready to crash... how sad is that?

happy monday!

No comments: