Thursday, September 21, 2006

likes/dislikes

on my good list
* the ellen show -- now that NBC moved it to 4pm, but NY channel 55 still plays it at 10am, there's twice the opportunity to catch it and often i have it in the background TWICE a day. ellen makes me laugh... plus, when tony left (her DJ), i didn't think anyone else could possibly be as cool, but johnny's growing on me...

* Tylenol sinus -- it's making my week bearable, and without it i'd be running completely on empty right now

* Confessions of a Shopaholic -- just finished it last night. i expected it to be a cute story, but it impressed me more than i expected. i plan to read the others in the shopaholic series now... as soon as i finish off the stack of books on my floor

* the Polysyllabic Spree -- since i finished shopaholic last night, i started this. i was a little worried because it's a series of magazine columns by nick hornby about what he's been reading and the list doesn't overlap tons with what i read, but hey, i figured the subtitle "a hilarious and true account of one man's struggle with the monthly tide of the books he's bought and the books he's been meaning to read" is right up my alley, and i haven't read anything by nick hornby that i didn't enjoy,... anywho, started last night, and it's quite good. it'll only take me a couple days to polish off.

things i don't like

* being sick (as i am at present)
* grading (which i'll have tons of tomorrow)
* having 3 talks to prepare for in the next 2 weeks while sick (welcome to my upcoming weekend)

the end.

1 comment:

~ruthie said...

i meant to tell you the shopaholic series is really cute. just make sure to read them in order! :) sorry you're down with a cold--feel better! :)