Sunday, January 23, 2005

oi

if you've checked my blog in the past 36 hours, you know i *was* posting a ton of pictures every hour or so.... i decided since i had so many and not everyone has dsl, maybe i should make it an option view... so the pictures are down... you can see all 149 files here and see this weekend's blizzard in action.

since church was cancelled i slept in today (very rare for me on a sunday)... worked on homework most of the afternoon... midafternoon while i was finishing some stuff up yet, colleen and leigh decided to unbury their cars... i joined after colleen's car was already in the street (my car was parked between colleen's and leigh's for the storm) and came out to this:



looks like fun, eh? since my car was inbetween the two others, it wasn't quite as bad to get stuff out from behind my tires... so sweeping off the roof simplified things lots for me :-P... i took over shoveling from colleen, who was tired of it... i actually rather enjoyed it (maybe residual from growing up on a quasi-farm?) and shoveled for the better part of an hour and a half

here's me and a big pile of snow... woo hoo?



eventually, leigh wanted to help but we only had one shovel... i suggested that she take some more pictures with my digital before it got dark, but she and my camera decided to not so much be friends, so she insisted i go take some pics and she'd shovel for a bit... so i took a walk all the way around our block... i was pretty pleased with these shots:

sun setting over ice-covered houses :-P



me, being a goof :-P



looking down the street to the moon



after freezing our noses off for quite some time, but eventually freeing all three cars (leigh's took the most work since the snow all blew in to the side of her car that wasn't facing my car... i had to climb into a 3 foot snow drift and scoop snow out from under her car until she could get it out), we headed in for the pittsburgh/new england game...

in case you haven't gathered, pittsburgh is my absolute favorite team, and as you may or may not know, i absolutely hate the patriots... they have a habit of screwing things up for the teams i like (and tonight was no exception)... i was excited when pitt seemed to come back in the 2nd half with a little more fight to them, but then it quickly degenerated into a game that made me mad... i always hate to see my teams (pitt and tennessee) go down... but especially losing to the patriots really gets my goat... i'll be rooting for philly in the super bowl just because they're going up against new england... oi.

so it goes...

snow, yay... getting work done for a lot of the afternoon, yay... football... :-(

crashing soon... i've got a feeling it's gonna take a bit more work to get to campus tomorrow than usual :-P

night y'all

No comments: