Monday, January 24, 2005

oi

i started eating dinner 3 hours ago... and i just finished it... not that dinner took that long, i just got a 2.5 hour distraction in the middle of it.

one month ago i got an IM from a screen name my ex-foster cousin had IMed me from before. we quickly discovered i was talking to one of her friends, and her friend didn't know who i was... apparently my ex-foster cousin had stolen the password to a screen name that wasn't hers and added me to the buddy list.

my ex-foster cousin got a new foster family in november, and we've not been in touch with her since... however, these kids (apparently 2 or 3 trade off with the screen name) have IMed me periodically for the past month, either chatting away and then cussing at me for no apparent reason, or forgetting previous conversations think i'm some guy they all like and start flirting, and then get mad when they find out i'm not... last night when my "i don't even know you and i have homework to do... bye" got an "a**hole" in response, i blocked her... she got another friend to IM me and call me names instead, so i dropped a line to my aunt telling her what i knew of who it was and that if she wanted to mention it to the parents, that would be great

as i was eating, i got a phonecall from my brother that got me back to my computer... after denying that she knew anything about talking to strangers on IM all day, one of the girls broke down and told her mom, yeah she had been being mean to me, but i called her a "b*tch" first, so it was justified... um... is that even normally in my vocabulary? especially when talking to a 13 year old??? i don't think so.

anyhow, 2 hours were spent scouring my computer and seeing if there was a way to retrieve old IM convos that i hadn't thought to save at the time to satisfy this girl's mother.... oi.

so two 13 year old girls in trouble with their parents for inappropriate use of IM, and the boy they got involved in it last night felt bad and IMed me to apologize tonight, to which i told him it was fine, and i just wanted him and his friends to recognize that what they were doing (IMing strangers and calling them names) was inappropriate.

blah... *hopefully* now though, i won't get any more of these retarded IMs of "hi... oh wait, you know (insert my ex-foster cousin's name), well then i hate you, and you're a %^&*" when i'm trying to work... dude

on a less ranting note, i made like the best dinner ever tonight...

i had an acorn squash that i forgot i bought a week ago... baked it in the oven (cut squash in half, cut out seeds, put each half face down in a quarter inch of water in the oven for half an hour)... when it was nice and soft, i put the two halves face up in a dry baking dish, but put a spoonful of butter and a decent amount of honey in the middle of each (honey was my new idea, mom's been cooking squash like this with butter for ages), and baked them 5-10 more minutes in the oven to let the butter and honey soak in a little...

while all that was in the oven, i cooked some egg noodles, and when the squash was good, i filled the middle with noodles on both (to also soak up the little bit of extra butter and honey)

sweet, but really really good... if you like squash, it was absolutely fantastic.

ugh... 9:30 already and i haven't had *time* to do any homework since i've been home tonight... ergh

later dudes

No comments: