Wednesday, March 22, 2006

earlier tonight...

ben, scott, and i are sitting at marble slab downing ice cream, after we served as the 3 person panel for the 1st year students to ask "how to be a good TA" questions of for an hour and a half. obviously i've seen scott plenty recently, but ben and i hadn't hung out in about a month... the THREE of us hadn't hung out all at once in about a year and a half... anywho, enough background... me, ben, scott, ice cream, happiness, when...

suddenly, scott goes on the following tangent:

scott: lara! i have the best story... i just have to tell you, but you're probably going to get mad and slug me.

me: why? what did you do?

scott: nothing

me: then why am i going to slug you?

scott: you just will... so you know shalin?

me: who?

scott: shalin... psych grad student... he knows everybody

me: except me... i have no clue who you're talking about

scott: ok, well, i ran into shalin this afternoon, and he asked me how my spring break was... i told him it was great... told him i went on a road trip with you. and of course since shalin knows everyone, he immediately started thinking... he was like lara? lara? do i know lara?

me: i have no clue who he is, so the answer is NO, right?

scott: no, actually after a minute he goes, "oh wait, she's the girl who wants to learn to dance?" isn't she?... he found it strange that that's the only fragment in his head about you and otherwise he knows nothing. i found it so strange that that's the only thing he had to say that i couldn't stop laughing my ass off for like 5 whole minutes.

me: (actually slugs scott)

scott: told you you'd hit me... i promise, it's not my doing... just thought you should know that somehow, parts of the universe just know you as "the girl who really wants to learn to dance" and that's it... you should try and live up to it.

what a weird day. the end.

No comments: