Saturday, March 18, 2006

revelation

scott and me just read stop that ball for the first time in ages.

revelation: replace "that ball" with "my brain" and "the string" with "my head" you have an exceedingly hilarious, mostly sensical, analogy for the life of a grad student. :P

consider the first few pages:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i hit my brain. i made it fly.
i hit my brain as it went by.
it went around and then came back.
i gave my brain another WHACK!

i hit it high.
i hit it low.
i hit so hard my head let go!

my head let go.
there went my brain.
away up high, out past the wall!

so i ran fast around the wall.
i had to get my big fat brain.
i saw it jump. i saw it roll,
and head right for an open hole.

the hole was deep. the hole was black.
how could i get my poor brain back?
what could i do?
say! this was bad!
this was the only brain i had!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

heh. night y'all. :P

No comments: