Tuesday, March 21, 2006

teaching quotes

it was one of *those* days today... enjoy.

* me (to the room at large): you all look so tired and not excited to be here... did you at least have a good break?
students: (mixed reactions)
me: at least you didn't have to learn calculus for a whole week!
steph: trust me, going to calc recitation every day would have improved my break... seriously.

* me: and as jonathan pointed out 5 minutes ago, z=9-y^2 is a parabola in the yz-plane...
jonathan (looks extremely surprised and blurts out): she knows my name!!!!
me: dude, i know almost everyone's name, of course i know who you are!

* kenneth: hey, do you know joe? like math major undergrad joe?
me: yup, why?
kenneth: because the way you explained that is totally a joe thing to say
me: um, ok, thanks... i think... next question... zach?
zach: do you know jack?
me: i know *everyone*... next MATH question?

No comments: