Wednesday, August 04, 2004

adventures in moving

it's going... far from done, but i'm making progress

conundrum #1: how do you move a full size bed 6 miles down the road from one second story apartment to another?

solution: take apart the bed yourself, then buy 100 feet of rope and make eric and scott do the rest for you...
they did it last night by tying one mattress at a time on the roof of eric's new car and driving slowly across town... my bed is now safely assembled at my new place

conundrum #2: how do you get hot water set up at the new house?

solution: figure out how to turn on the gas-powered boiler in the basement -- pretty sure we haven't figured that part out yet... yay cold showers? :-(

conundrum #3: how do i get the rest of the stuff to my new place when i'm tired and sore?

solution: very slowly, and hopefully before i'm supposed to be out of here (my old place)... and solicit for volunteers! -- any of you close to jersey who want free meals courtesy of me and my credit card, let me know and i'll put you to work :-P

and that's a wrap... carli rossow should be here any time now to have some fun for the day -- this will be good :-)

later dudes.

No comments: