Monday, August 09, 2004

an ending

this is it: so long to 280 river rd. apt. 77B... i finish this post, close down my computer, turn in my keys to the office and head out.

it's funny... this hasn't been a bad place to live, but i'm not sad to leave it either like some past places (and there have been many... 3 houses with my family, and my river rd. apartment is the 7th place i've lived on my own/with roommates besides that)... i guess it's been functional, but it's not been exactly home...

last night, in the new house, with my room finally painted and half my stuff moved in, i slept for 10 hours... this is the first time i've slept longer than 7 hours in my own bed in well over a year... maybe i'm weird, but i attribute that to the fact that living with friends now, no matter what is going on, my new place is safee, happy, and comfortable for me... i can talk to the people i live with about just about anything and they genuinely want to know how i'm doing.... amanda's been a good roommate; we just never talked about anything.

updates on the rest of life? money's still tight... as indicated above, the painting my room thing finally happened... kristin's mom got moved to the university of michigan hospital for further testing and so experts can try to figure out what's wrong with her... things are hobbling by alright.

last night, to make things moderately happier, nathanael called for an hour. he was one of my church/bible study buddies in budapest. he's in colorado finishing his engineering degree... this was the 2nd time we've talked since europe... the first being in march... however for both of us, i think there's just something extremely nice about being able to vent to someone who knows you moderately well but is not involved in any of your life by any stretch of the imagination for a bit... both times we've talked, we've had really good chats... so it cheered me up to just ramble at him and to listen for quite awhile... yay for friends. :-)

now, to get on outta here... internet at the new place tomorrow.

later dudes

No comments: