Friday, August 27, 2004

ode to naptime

me: (staring blankly into space)
mike: (staring at me)
me: what?
mike: sorry, i can't help it; i really miss your smile
me: oh... you might have to wait a few weeks to see it again...

at least i have good friends around here, right?

since i've been back from ohio, i've been asleep 80% of the time... at least i vary location... wednesday night, i slept in my bed til 2pm... ran errands with ben's help (i wasn't coordinated enough to be trusted to drive), then curled up on the couch at my place for an hour before we went to the guys' house for dinner... there, i immediately curled up on scott's bedroom floor while people cooked and chatted... after leigh, colleen, and i got home, i curled up on the couch again to fall asleep to a movie, and ben came to join me... i almost fell asleep on ben's shoulder during the movie, but colleen came in to ask ben "dude, did she actually fall asleep again", and that startled me and woke me up... after the movie, i did fall asleep on ben's shoulder for an hour and a half before i decided my room was much less warm on account of my ceiling fan, and had been asleep again there until just now.... seriously, i've been awake for about 6 hours total since i got back.

i am a slacker... everyone else is taking a practice qual right now at the math building since that takes place monday and tuesday... i, on the other hand, woke up over an hour after they started and have been in comfy clothes in my room since...

i have a meeting with the grad director this afternoon... i plan to say "so, you know where i've been this week... i'm exhausted and drained, and no matter what i do, my first priority is sleep for the next week... if you were in my situation, what would you do about the qual?" we'll see how that goes..,.. because heck, if i take the test next week like i probably should, there is not a chance that i'm awake or coherent enough to pass. so be it.

so yeah, that's me right now -- a tired, grumpy, exhausted bum... isn't that fun?

No comments: