Thursday, October 07, 2004

dude

man it's been a looooong week, but you know what? it's finally all paid off!

with (a) 5 days straight of working, (b) some lucky web searches this morning, and (c) some guided questions from ian, i solved all my combinatorics homework... finally... working since saturday on that has gotten me behind on reading for my other classes, but it's sooo good to have the assignment done and done well. :-)

other good news? mom flies up tomorrow afternoon to visit for the weekend... she just wants a break from work, etc. stress, so she's coming up to see me instead :-P

jessica warnier of valpo fame is coming to see me 2 weeks after that... she's just 2 hours south of here as of a month ago, and i haven't seen her since her graduation in may, so it'll be a party to see her again.

two weeks after that, BROTHER is coming up to see me for the first time in jersey (the parents were here in feb)... brother says all the time how he doesn't have money to come, so it was a surprise... i talk about my brother so much that some of my friends here joke that he doesn't exist, so it'll be fun to introduce him to all the people and vice versa :-)... i'm excited... how on earth did this work out though?

so, like dad, brother has a thing for animals and hatched 5 baby tortoises this spring... apparently they're worth about $100 a piece now, and there's another tortoise breeder in allentown, PA who wants to buy them... if brother's just going to be an hour and a half away delivering the tortoises, and getting some money for it, he might as well see me, and he can't complain about "no money". :-P that's a good plan, right? party indeed. :-)

time to crash... night y'all.

No comments: