Saturday, July 30, 2005

priscilla anne keup schumann fischer

my grandma's obituary came out in the pittsburgh paper today. you can find it here.

my family is awesome. between everything else, my aunt got permission to video and audio record the service for me and for my aunt debbee who can't come... i will visit prscilla in pittsburgh when i get back from europe and watch the tape and visit g-ma's grave and have some quiet time to deal with it all there, which will be good.

and here's evidence of how amazing my best friend is. she was travelling somewhere in PA with her dad for a conference this next week. the two of them rerouted and rescheduled their trip too even though they're travelling with someone else... so sunday evening they'll stay in pittsburgh (instead of gettysburg, some 2-3 hours east as originally planned) so roommate can go to my grandma's wake on sunday night and to the funeral on monday morning. even though i can't be there, she had offered to show up and give my mom a hug for me and tell me about it. and the fact that even her dad agrees it's important enough for her to do for them to reschedule their trip, and someone else's life to make it work, i think is amazing of them. this just going as one case amongst many -- i have amazing friends.

more math, and possibly a castle today.... later dudes.

No comments: