Thursday, September 08, 2005

doht

so i "slept in" today. since i've been waking up at 6 or 6:30 most days, i woke up fully rested at 8:45

since then, i've been in my pajamas working at the computer, when the doorbell rang... i was hoping it was my landlord coming to fix the A/C, which has been broken for the past month (but we were out of town, then he was), but instead it was two jehovah's witnesses. to explain my messed up hair and still being in pajamas, i claimed i had just woken up, even though i've been moving for about an hour.

they were SO EXCITED to hear from me that i believe in God and go to church regularly, claiming that it extremely rare with 20-somethings to be "spiritual", and they want to come back and talk to me again sometime. we'll see. i need to research better what they believe, because i know that although we have common ground on many things, there are many things that are big sticking points too. but i'm all about sharing what i believe and hearing them out and having a discussion.

heck, why do i bring up religious issues with my agnostic and/or athiest friends in the math department? it's good to chat to (a) challenge other people to think and (b) make me think hard about why i believe what i do too. it's not my job to convert people to one thing or another (i believe that only God can do that), but i don't think it's a bad thing to keep people on their toes and keep them thinking either.

now: exercise, breakfast, work, lunch, office hours, seminar, dinner with my advisor and other fun people, 5 mile walk, what a day....

later dudes

No comments: