Thursday, September 22, 2005

in the next 36+ hours

* exercise
* breakfast
* 5 mile walk
* lunch
* shower
* raid the university math library for info on matroids
* get eric to give me a lecture on everything he knows about ansatzes
* office hours
* experimental math seminar (my advisor is speaking)
* dinner
* season premeires of joey and apprentice, while doing laundry and packing
* sleep
* pick up paul r. at 7:45 tomorrow morning and hightail it to pittsburgh
* hang out with my mom and my aunt pris... if it's not raining potentially visit grandpa and/or grandma's graves (they're in different parts of town since my step g-pa wanted g-ma buried near where he lives)
* my cousin heather's wedding rehearsal
* my cousin heather's rehearsal dinner
* grade 105 calc quizzes at the hotel

sounds like fun, right?

i find it amusing that me "sleeping in until i wake up; no alarms set", had me up and moving around 7:15 this morning. that's not even 8 hours of sleep but i couldn't get back to sleep!

i feel like a major mathematical failure this week. i probably won't have much to show my advisor monday either as i won't have a computer between tonight and when we meet... oi...

at least my students seem to like me... :P

road trip this weekend to pitt should be interesting. i invited paul, a math grad student who's a year behind me (not the one who comes to church with me every sunday, that's a different paul who's a year ahead of me), to come along for the ride. he went to undergrad in pitt so he has lots of friends there. this way, he'll pay for half the gas, and especially if it spikes again, due to rita, it'll make for a more affordable trip for both of us. thing is, i don't think i've ever talked to him for more than 5 minutes straight and we have 6 hours in the car tomorrow and 6 hours in the car sunday. so it'll be an interesting time. he's a super-friendly guy and gets along with everyone on the planet, so it'll be fun... just stating a priori we don't really know each other at all.

still brainstorming for who my 4th qual committee member should be. i need to ask my 3rd after class one day next week. i thought of another 4th person candidate but i need to run the idea by my advisor first. we'll see.

now, to get on with my morning workout. :P

probably apprentice update later tonight before i'm off for the weekend

No comments: