Sunday, December 12, 2004

eh

i woke up in a bad/weird mood, and it stuck all day

thankfully, my math boys take care of me when i'm in a bad mood... ben came with me to the library to help me find stuff for a presentation and for help with homework due this week, then we drove half an hour away to the nearest theater showing "sideways", which was a quality flick, modulo a few scenes (a recurring theme in my reviews recently)...

anyhow, after that, we got turned around and it took a bit to make it back to our corner of jersey again...

however, tonight was a party at my house and i'd been in a funk all day, and hadn't been all excited about this party to start (for some reason, the theme makes me think a lot of my friend nicole who died last year)... already in a funk, and not wanting to deal with people then, i kept to myself in my room, but ben, scott, and eric insisted on taking turns hanging out with me... mostly eric and me chatted most of the evening about the things that have been getting to me lately and other fun stuff...

when it got close to time for everyone going home, etc., eric read me go dog go and scott read me stop that ball before they all started to pack up... scott, also, remembered a conversation from yesterday:

me: (mid sentence on the phone)
scott: i'm paying attention, really i am, but if i sound distracted there's too much going on over here
me: distracted? there's candy and flashing lights in your room?
scott: i'm going to bring you candy? what?
me: did you just say you're going to bring me candy?
scott: yes, wait, what did you just say before that?
me: not that
scott: oh, well, i can still bring you candy
me: i have no objections to that
scott: ok, then... see you later!

this was yesterday afternoon... i had forgotten about it,... but tonight, just before he left, he gave me a big lollipop he bought for me earlier today... how party is that? :-)

now though, i have a headache from being distressed all afternoon... time to crash.

night y'all.

No comments: