Wednesday, December 01, 2004

my evening in quotes

lara, you're the one counterexample i know to friendship being a reflexive relation. ~ben

greenfield: functions like this didn't exist until the 1600s... they were banned from existing by the holy roman emperor and only brought into existence by martin luther.... the cantor lebesgue function was one of his 95 theses
me: somehow i don't remember that in cathechism class
greenfield: oh... you're lutheran?
me: yup
greenfield: well then, it's a little known fact that cantor lebesgue was the 96th thesis and for some reason they decided not to include it when they taught the theses later

(i walk past the grad director's office, he comes bouncing out of the door, calculator in hand)
me: um... yes?
chuck (weibel): did you know that PGLn (can't remember what number he said) has 42 million (something) thousand (something else) elements?
me: um, that's a freakin lot of elements
chuck: yeah, it is! (throws hands in the air in glee and returns to his office)

wow lara, you sure spend a lot of time looking at books for someone who doesn't know how to read ~leigh

me: what?!? colleen has friends besides us?
leigh: i'm sure she doesn't like any of them quite the same way she likes you though

um, is travis santa claus?... not yet! ~colleen

"here's what i'd write in a christmas card, 'dear boy i like, i like you. merry christmas. i hope you're under my christmas tree'" ~colleen

me: leigh!!!!
leigh: lara!!!!
me: yay! i have you trained!
leigh: woof
me: um, colleen, i think leigh just barked at me

No comments: