Friday, February 18, 2005

apprentice, and other such fun

whatever week we're on it was time for michael to get fired... that's about all i have to say. bren, despite his very bad idea last week, and his loss this week, i have respect for his conflict management skills... he doesn't get all petty, or mean... he stays calm and firm and backs up what he says... that's good. this was so much of a better episode than last week... the graffiti project next week looks hilarious... that's about all i have to say

it's been a loooong week and it's soooo almost over.

things i'm glad for:

*an advisor who likes me... i felt like a slacker when i showed up with less than i planned to this week, and instead, he was excited at how nice the program i have written in the past week did work... he always tells me how much he likes my work... i'm hard enough on my self, it's a good thing i have an advisor who's affirming and really does see positive in my work

*friends... mike neiman made my day a million times better by sitting down with me for an hour today and helping me work out some of my issues with this week's combinatorics hw... i have 6/7 typed up and i'm just not bothering to look at the last one... i should at least do better than last assignment

*people who make me laugh... sam and i were the first two in the room for commutative algebra yesterday and he dared me to draw a frog on the board... when i told him i couldn't draw but would help him in his devious plan if he drew a funny picture, he drew a chicken (see my reproduction of it below:)



and dared me to write "compute the homology of THIS!" next to it.

when our professor got to the room, she was already a little spacey and saw the chicken and started laughing and then did compute the homology of the shape as a 1-dimensional drawing, and then after doing that started class with "ok, that was fun, any other questions?"

math humor... yeah...

that's about all i know... tomorrow's a 9:30am til 6pm day... that's a long day to have to be on campus for all of... oi


soooo almost the weekend, i can't wait for a change of pace! :-P

later dudes... happy friday :-)

No comments: