Wednesday, February 16, 2005

dude, what a night

homework, scrubs, more homework was the plan,... but that kinda got changed up on the fly...

instead the plot was homework, scrubs, and then just as i was starting to get into homework again, chat with someone who i really needed to have a serious chat with, but who hadn't responded to me for over 2 weeks (if you're smart, you know exactly who and what i was talking to them about; if not, don't worry about it)

i wasn't expecting them to chat with me tonight, so the whole conversation caught me a bit off guard... so did my response... i didn't expect to just start crying a few sentences in, but cry i did for 45 minutes... i called scott partway through the chat, in tears, and told him he should come visit, so he showed up, buying ice cream on the way over, and as i finished my 2 hour chat, brought me a huge bowl of half strawberry half chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with lots of fudge and about 6 cherries on top... then, i thought he got us each a glass of water, but quickly discovered he had served up some of my vanilla vodka... we drank, and read books (once in a lifetime variation on go dog go changing dog to something else appropriate to the evening), and then we walked to the park at the end of my block around 1am and went swinging for the better part of an hour, until we walked back to my house and i just now got home and scott just drove off...

in summary, it was a good chat to have behind me, and i hope things get better between me and the person involved, but fixing issues takes time, and it's hard to instantly switch gears... they're sincerely sorry and want to make things right though, so that's a good sign... we'll see how it goes from here... it's just hard because some of my friends see it as a black and white situation where they're mad at the other person, whereas for me it's much more gray...

enough talking vaguely... i'm glad for friends like scott. :-)

and now i'm going to sleep

night y'all

No comments: