Monday, February 13, 2006

ergh

the universe at large has been fairly irritating today.

my exam is in 63 hours... this is scary.

i met with my advisor today. he had forgotten that my exam was this week -- like he had it on his calendar and all but it wasn't on the forefront of his mind. he also commented that he doesn't think that it's fair for students to "get quizzed" on oral exam material ahead of time like i did with diane because half the fun is that you don't know what you'll be asked. profs vary on this... as for me i'm glad i met with diane. my advisor still is convinced that failure isn't a possibility, which i guess is good... i'm still a little worried.

one of my students made an appointment for office hours last week and then never showed. when he wrote me again on friday to ask for an appointment for today, i wrote back that i have a meeting at 3 (i really had a meeting at 2:30, but close enough) and that i couldn't -- he could (a) email me questions or (b) visit the prof's office hours at 3:20... i got back from my meeting w/ dr. z. at 2:59, ready to head home and study, and not wanting to think about calculus... and the student showed up at 3:01 claiming he doesn't read his email, and he seemed shocked to know the prof has office hours at 3:20 too... i'm too d*mn nice, i sat around for 15 minutes and worked out answers with him. give me a break, don't read email in half a week as a college student trying to arrange appointments? you can't just assume that profs will magically be there on command, especially if you've stood them up. oi. don't get me wrong,... i enjoy helping students, but the one way to irritate me is to not show respect for my time. that *majorly* gets to me.

i really want to fast forward through the next 3 days and get the torture over with. too much math, and not enough room in my freakin head....

later dudes.

No comments: