Monday, February 27, 2006

misc.

* i had no idea my head could go through as many different emotions in 48 hours as it has this weekend. craziness!

* it is really hard to grade student papers based on writing clarity. instead of quizzes this week, i had to grade workshops, and that's exactly what i had to grade on. ... sooo much more ambiguous how to go about it.

* i have fantastic friends.

* my students had their first midterm today. even though i had a graduate class, the prof i teach for asked me to come to the first 5 minutes and eyeball the room to make sure no one had gotten a friend to take the exam for them (apparently this has happened in the past in large lecture classes). my students seemed so excited to see me there before they saw the prof. they also looked really sad when i left a few minutes in to book it to my own class... at least they really seem to like me? :P

* tomorrow, 2 first year students (i don't know who) will be observing me teach for their TA training class. last year i was observing a friend teach, so it's humorous that i'm on the other side of the coin now. they'll be sitting in on my rowdy section so they'll have entertaining stories to share with TA training class. heh.

* i'm enjoying watching the new apprentice season... for this week's sams club task, one of the sams club stores they used is halfway between my house and my church so i pass it at least once a week... woulda been entertaining to know when this was filmed last fall to actually see one of the tasks in action, but oh well. :P

* jessica sent me 3 patty griffin CDs last week, and i must admit I'm getting hooked. yay new music. :)

the end.

2 comments:

~ruthie said...

c'mon, lara! i'm DYING to know how things went! you can email me if you want if you don't want to post. just a simple, "it was awesome" or "it sucked" would suffice! :) queendork76@gmail.com

lara =) said...

there's not a clear cut answer to that yet.

overall, he really likes me and we had a good time; what happens next/more than that is still somewhat ambiguous and complicated.

i know, that's exactly what you wanted to hear (:-P):
be patient, i've been ignoring most of my real world family/friends on this one since friday too. :P