Wednesday, December 03, 2003

...and then they unrejoiced, and then perhaps moderately cheered up and went to sleep

yeah... victory party of the last entry was relatively short-lived. after i had explained my solution to several people who all said they were convinced, john and sam found a hole in it, even after they had been convinced awhile...

after much more doodling, i came up with attempt 2, but who knows... sam approves for now, with the coda, "even if there was a subtle mistake, i don't think he'd catch it. that's about what i'm thinking with my work." so there it goes.

it's amazing how excited i got over solving that like 1/4 a problem... or at least thinking i did... figuring out something after forever of working on it gives a real sense of accomplishment, and really math is beautiful... i guess that's another reason i get so distressed over analysis... it's honestly been like since september since i had a revelation for that class and finished a problem on my own, without help or hints, that required some thought behind it. other classes are better for that for me, but dude, what a semester it's been... i know there's plenty that's happened in the last few months besides math stuff to make my life just a bit crazy, but still... ok, me and my current take on what i'm doing with my life is a novel and a half, and not one to be written at 3am. we'll save that for another day =P

good night!

No comments: