Wednesday, December 24, 2003

do freakin dah =P

home sweet home... or something like it. =P

i've been here like 14 hours and it's already nuts.

on the con side --
* the family's housesitting a cockatoo for a bit... his name's oswald... only he and frosty (our cockatoo) don't get along very well so they sit in their cages and scream at each other all day (usually frosty just screams for fun)... is it sad that i can tell their voices apart from across the house?
* the battery in my fire alarm in my old room is dying, and thus the unit's having fits... i woke up at 5:09am today (after going to sleep at 3!) because it went off and woke me up... after determining the unit was just as old as the house and it meant nothing, i wacked it good and went back to sleep

on the pro side
* dad and me haven't yelled yet... maybe we'll set a new record for length of time more or less getting along

and just plain weird?...
* i just got one of my textbooks for fall semester in the mail... it was sent from... taiwan of all places! go figure (i ordered it from amazon.com... not somewhere bizarre)

oh yeah, and 3 of my 4 grades for this semester got posted online... A, A, A... unfortunately the one that's not up is analysis, which is the one i'm actually worried about... grades aren't that significant in grad school as long as you pass quals, but As and Bs are acceptable, Cs are considered failing and i'm really not sure where i fall on the B/C cutoff w/ dr. ocone... we'll see... and when that one's posted i'll feel a lot better... but just seeing the three As made me happy and affirmed and stuff... go me.

and now i'm getting sick... blah... time to get my act together and hit up walgreens for some cough syrup fun. vislat!

No comments: