Monday, May 02, 2005

ode to the weekend

it was a good one

yesterday, church, then mucking about doing homework... it was a beautiful day, so i walked the 6/10 mile to the bank, and hit up the grocery store on the way back... it was a fantastic afternoon... after that i worked on the porch until it got cold... talked to memphis jenny for 45 minutes (i had been hoping maybe she'd be around memphis maybe a little while i'm home later this month, but no such luck), then scott and me had dinner.

scott and me haven't been out to eat in a bit... we were both passive agressive for a little until we chilled out... he gave me the ultimatum that he wouldn't read me dr. suess books anymore until i come out to a dance club with him and ben in NYC sometime. i retaliated with "i won't drink margaritas with you anymore until you read me more books"... he didn't expect that reactions so 10 minutes of looking sad about it he rescinded his ultimatum, then we started fresh agreeing to stop being mean all around.

after we got back to his house, scott *did* read me 2 books... quote of the evening from some point in the story time, "dude, there's gotta be *something* i can do around people?" (~scott)

after stories, eric and me took out the telescope as it was exceedingly clear... after getting yelled at by a cop for being out in a park after dusk last time, we tried a field on one of the rutgers campuses but way too much light... we're still in search of a good place to go regularly without getting in trouble.

i had weird dreams last night. i was staying with my "aunt" (made up person, not one of my real life aunts, who was getting married to some french guy... then suddenly eric appeared, and had an identical twin with him. he (eric) was mad about something, and frustrated that he was only allowed to stay around the block he was in because he had never walked further away than that in the area we were in (which makes no sense whether it's typed clearly or not)... i told him we were going to darn well walk whereever it was he needed to go... so here we are, me, eric, and eric's identical twin (who didn't have a name) walking in the middle of a freeway to where eric wanted to go (for some reason i think we were in minneapolis, MN because i remember thinking to myself at one point "oh, we're on 10th street... that means we're only 30 blocks from michelle's parents")... turns out he barged right into a wedding and started beating someone up (note: this is *not* in character for eric, and just downright strange for a dream of mine in general)... i stayed outside, and watched as cops came and broke up the whole mess... there was an older lady sitting outside too insulting me about my hair the whole time i was trying to watch what was going on inside.

.... and then i woke up.

you can't tell me my head isn't a very very strange place.

last day of classes -- woohoo! later dudes :-)

No comments: