Thursday, May 26, 2005

the tale of the return trip

slightly delayed, but now illustrated, so that should make up for it ;-)

left memphis friday morning, early enough to get to st. louis for lunchtime with dave beagley -- here we are:



we had lunch at fitz's, a rootbeer bottling company, however even though we were seated right next to the rootbeer making part of the building (they have glass walls so you can watch them work), they were mostly off on *their* lunch break while we ate. it was still a very cool place... :-)

from there, it was northward bound to my grandma p.'s place in NE illinois.



that would obviously be my grandma and me... and if you're smart you'll know that it was taken sunday around lunchtime, because sunday morning is just about the only time you might *possibly* find me in a skirt :-P



here's an awesome sunset, taken from my grandma's yard on sunday night before i left.

monday morning, i was eastward bound, with my first step being good old valpo...



here's a happy crew: 2 of my favorite math professors ever, and the ever quotable steve klee ;-)



...and of course the requisite rock-kicking picture

after valpo, it was time to head one state over to meet up with alliswan for lunch... when the two of us meet up, ihop is the restaurant of choice, so there you have it:



it was a short visit, but a fun one -- we both got to laugh a bit :-)

finally, i got safely back to NJ, and after helping me get my suitcase upstairs, scott decided to see if he would fit in it... so there you have it...



...scott in a suitcase... oi.

more photos available from the past month at the usual spot

enjoy!

No comments: