Tuesday, May 31, 2005

highlights of my day

* the following conversation:
(talking to scott about math stuff, i notice he's looking at me funny and trying to figure out what's different)
me: well?
scott: are you wearing lipstick today?
me: um, nope, but what's actually different?
scott: you're wearing makeup!
me: um, duh, but i did my makeup the exact same today as i've been doing it for the past like 6 years
scott: hmm... oh wait! you got your ears pierced!
me: bingo... ben was betting you wouldn't notice without being told, good job.
scott: are you sure you didn't do anything else different?
me: absolutely nothing
scott: *scrutinizes my face*
me: funny how piercing my ears makes you think the rest of me changed too, when it hasn't at all
(& etc.)

(eric had similar comments, he just didn't put 2 and 2 together until after he heard scott)

* making meggyleves (= sour cherry soup... it's served as a cold appetizer in hungary in the summer... i hadn't tried to make it in 2 years but when eric and i were at the grocery store we saw cherries in the produce section that weren't maraschinos, so i HAD to do it... it turned out brilliant, eric agreed

* sitting on the porch in the dark for half an hour with a cup of tea

* while on the porch watching a cat climb a tree, jump from the tree to a telephone wire, and cross the street ON the telephone wire, zig zag around the block via telephone lines, and climb down another tree

No comments: