Tuesday, December 27, 2005

i lied again... here's the real last TN post

this story is short and too funny not to post.

dad had a nice gift certificate to bosco's (a restaurant in midtown Memphis with a quality microbrewery) as a christmas gift from someone, so the family decided to eat there tonight.

that's fine.

microbrewery means all 4 of us wanted beer with dinner tonight... mom and dad look sufficiently over 21, but both brother and i were carded, and while he had his on him, i had left my wallet and purse at the house, so they wouldn't serve me. my mom immediately commented "i'm her mother and she's 24, can't i vouch for her?", to which the waiter replied that while he didn't have a problem with it, he had a boss to answer to and didn't want to get into trouble so he couldn't.

the next time he came by the table, without warning, my mom pulls out one of my HS senior pictures and hands it to him, commenting "look, it's obviously her, and it says class of 1999 on it... can't they do they math and let her have a beer?"

the waiter brought my senior pic back to the manager, and came back to mom commenting "they're not buying it, sorry, but you do get points for creativity"

my mother... oi...

(so no, they didn't serve me beer, but between alternating between drinking out of brother's, mom's, and dad's, i probably had about a glass full anyhow, and i got to try 3 different kinds instead of just one... and dad only had to pay for 3 people worth of beer and refills instead of 4, so not a bad deal anyhow :P)

end of random story, (my mother is crazy but at least she tries hard ;-P)... now i'm really off of here for a few days... be parties one and all. :P

No comments: