Saturday, December 24, 2005

yay!

so fall 2005 was good to me... dr. z. and me got our grant... my research is going well... etc, etc, etc.

here's an email i got this morning that went out to all the grad students, and further certifies fall 2005 went well for me :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:23:42 -0500 (EST)
Subject: The Votes are in!

Hello Anyone Interested in Pizza Seminar,

The polls have closed, and we have a winner for the best Pizza Seminar
talk of Fall 2005:

* Lara P-------: All about 1089 *

Happy Holidays to all,

Phil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this made my day... i had fun doing my pizza seminar, and my advisor told me that it was wonderful, but that's no guarantee that everyone else necessarily liked it, so it's affirming that they did.

(in case you're clueless about this, the rutgers math department runs many weekly seminars for every math topic under the sun. graduate pizza seminar is a hodgepodge seminar which is basically an excuse for grad students to eat pizza paid for by the math department. the only catch is that a grad student has to give a math talk each week. i was in charge of pizza seminar last year (it's always a 2nd year student) so i purposely didn't schedule myself. but this year, phil, the current pizza seminar coordinator, scheduled me, and alas, it went quite well. :) every semester they let everyone vote for best seminar of the semester, and there's a small monitary award plus eternal fame and glory if you win. :P it makes me happy that i can say i won once now. :) )

the end.

No comments: