Tuesday, June 21, 2005

happy birthday eve...

happy birthday to me... 24... woohoo :-P

tonight was decent... jared offered to make me birthday cake... yellow cake with homemade chocolate frosting and vanilla bean ice cream... scott hung out with me and entertained me until the cake was ready at like 10:30 tonight, and eric was home packing for alaska (he leaves for 3 weeks tomorrow morning), and colleen came by as well.

i was incredibly thankful for scott -- jared was doing his baking/cleaning the kitchen deal... eric was too busy with packing to be any fun... in fact the couple times i stopped by his room he more or less was like "dude, why are you here?" until i went away (oi... probably a 3 week break from each other is good right now)

colleen promised dinner and a movie tomorrow night (since as of 11 minutes ago it's just now actually my birthday :-P)

anyhow, friends like scott who actually manage to find me and cheer me up when i'm feeling lost in a non-crowd as small as 5 people (me included) are fantastic... we went for a walk and watched the sun set... and then he played pool with me some and read me the most bizarre version of "go dog go" ever :-P (e.g. the "... and now do you like my party hat?" "i do! i do like that hat! what a hat! i like that party hat!" "goodbye" "goodbye!" turned into "dude, whatever" "splits" "FINE" "BE THAT WAY" and then we completely cracked up for a bit :-P)... he's a good friend and he makes me smile.

so yeah, that's the scoop... i got tired of eric packing and talking to everyone but me and i'm tired (i have been up since 5:45 this morning) so i finally just excused myself to go home... hopefully i have a little time to mind my own business before i have company since i'm not really ready to crash yet, but that was my excuse :-P... i'm sooooooooo antisocial.

btw, jared makes FANTASTIC chocolate icing... and watermelon smirnoff and lime juice is basically alcoholic skittles in a cup :-)... in case you were wondering.

the end.

No comments: