Wednesday, June 15, 2005

ode to my life

it's been a pretty good week so far

* yesterday, at work, Christine, the staff person I work most closely with, was out sick, but we made it through just fine anyhow... the seminar of the day was given my my combinatorial communtative algebra prof from this past semester... she related the card game set to affine geometry problems and that to coding theory -- it was extremely well done!

* today i'm tying up lose ends about field trips, and have to meet some students in 2 hours to help them set up a website... a lara's job is never done ;-)

* i've spent quite a bit of time making my handout for the workshop scott and i are presenting tomorrow afternoon... more on that after it happens, it should be good :-)

* i've now walked 46 miles since memorial day... i've also been working out to an exercise video every morning since january too... in early may i tried to order the level two video from amazon, only they sent me the "level 2 modified for senior citizens" video instead, so for 5 months i've been doing the level 1 video, which, in the meantime, has become old hat for me, and i can do all the exercises with less and less effort. after getting the wrong video and doing level 1 for so long, i guess somewhere in my head, i had decided the real level 2 video would be a variety of things to do, but not that much of a challenge... i was SOOOOOOOOOOO wrong... this morning was the first time i tried out level 2 (the real thing came in the mail 3 days ago), and man was it a good workout... i bought level 3 at the same time to save on shipping but i have no reason to drag that out for awhile... between the walking (and i'm getting faster and faster at my 4 miles per night bit), and this new video, dude... i'm putting myself up to a LOT each day... and it feels good :-)

now to move on with my day... happy wednesday y'all :-)

No comments: