Tuesday, June 14, 2005

hmmm

bizarre dream last night.

i was at dinner with my great uncle art (the one who died a week and a half ago) and my great aunt shirley (strange that we refered to her as aunt minnie the whole time)... this is also strange because uncle art is my g-ma's little brother... aunt shirley is my g-pa's brother's wife, so the two of them have no connection to be together at all unless they're around my g-ma.

anyhow, just the three of us at dinner chatting away like nothing's different at all. (except that the only time i see these two people is in the context of larger extended family gatherings...)

then partway through dinner it dawns on me "wait, it's june 13 and art's obituary was published on the 5th... someone goofed, or they made it through the wake and funeral without him actually being gone yet" (that makes NO sense whatsoever)

anyhow, after a bit, aunt shirley disappeared and it was just me talking to uncle art and we were suddenly in the middle of a larger gathering and he started not feeling well, but as long as you massaged his hands he was ok and hanging in there. i thought to myself "shoot, his obit lied, but it looks like *this* might be the time for him to go"... i struggled for awhile with wanting one last picture of him, but thinking that was rude if he wasn't feeling well and technically died over a week ago (this is all illogical)

anyhow, getting past the bizarre things to wonder and worry about, then i dreamed of just sitting there, me with great uncle art and telling him my favorite memories of him for the longest time.

i woke up in the middle of telling him memories when a poster fell off my wall and woke me up, so i have no idea how this would have ended... completely a bizarre setting/set of thoughts to go with it, but in some way, the last bit was an interesting and good way of my head kinda looking for closure about him being gone and me being so far removed distance/closeness-wise right now. i never would have had a chance to just talk to him one-on-one in real life (always seeing people in the context of larger family gatherings and all), so even if it was a bizarre dream, in some ways it was an incredibly good mental release on my part.

anyhow, that's the scoop with my head. now to get moving with my day. :-P

No comments: