Tuesday, March 23, 2004

...and one more thing

so here's my story of the day.

i have this internet friend i've been talking to for like 5 years now (actually a few... i used to hang out in chatrooms a lot 5-6 years ago), but this one in particular i hadn't talked to as much in a few years, and then suddenly, i was on one of my alternate IM names 5 months ago or so, and he IMed me, not realizing it was me, just to see who the person behind the alter ego name was... we've been chatting a few times a week on IM ever since, (mostly when i'm insanely tired and stressed and working on homework 4-5am... he's good at making me laugh).

so today we were chatting and for the first time ever, he sent me his picture. the reason this is *especially* blog-worthy is this: never had he and i ever discussed "what do you look like?"... my basic summary of this guy was plays guitar, lives in ohio, doesn't go by his given name, likes math (just hasn't been in classes as far as me, but relatively few people are as masochistic as me to take this much math), about my age, etc. (nothing appearance-wise whatsoever)... yet somehow without discussing appearance or seeing pictures, talking to someone for awhile, you kinda form a mental image of them... thing was, the picture he sent was extremely similar to the mental image i had developed over time... is this weird? if nothing else, it's an extremely intriguing coincidence.

No comments: