Saturday, March 20, 2004

math and chocolate

so it's 1:30pm on the end of spring break.

have i had fun? tons and tons... (see the "my life in pictures" link on the right margin)

have i been good? tried to be... the trips were kinda crazy but i got everywhere i wanted to be safely. yesterday after sleeping til 2pm, i got 12 rolls of film developed and spent the evening scanning photos in and sorting the doubles to give to appropriate people, and putting my copies in my photo albums... joy. today though, i forgot it was saturday, and slept from 3am til 11am... forgetting that dude, i had altar guild at 8am... luckily my team leader is really nice and not mad about it. she missed part of the first week too, so she kinda just rolls with the punches and recognizes life can happen and change things around sometimes. =P

finally, have i done my tons and tons of homework? about 5 minutes worth... i give two lectures next week and i wrote an abstract for 1... it goes like this:

Pebbling, Cover Pebbling, and Chocolate

Pebbling is a game played on the vertices of graphs with "pebbles" (which
also lends itself very well to playing with candy as you work!). Cover
pebbling is an extension of this idea. I will briefly discuss both of
these concepts and how the pebbling number and the cover pebbling number
of a graph are related. If time allows, I will also discuss how to find
the cover pebbling number of trees. There's also a chance I'll bring
along candy to illustrate the talk, and will share it when I'm done

joy... now to prepare the talk i actually give on monday -- yikes! at least for the talk described above i can get rid of the plethora of hershey kisses i acquired last week... heh. =P now, really, i'm working.

No comments: