Wednesday, September 01, 2004

yay for friends

a few quotes of the day:

Auto response from lkp 42 42 42: you may IM me if...
(1) you want to watch a movie/eat ice cream with me
(2) you want to read me a kids book (in person so i can see the pictures :-P)
(3) you want to help me light random objects on fire
(4) you want to go on a walk with me and kick every tree in the neighborhood
otherwise... you're well advised to keep your distance :-P
BlkDeth 13: i kinda wanna do all those things, just... can't.

A----Solace: Hey Lara.
lkp 42 42 42: hey
lkp 42 42 42: how are you?
A----Solace: I'm doing good. I just got back from Texas on Monday. I went wedding dress shopping for the first time.
lkp 42 42 42: oh fun
A----Solace: So how is your friend doing?
A----Solace: And most importantly how are you?
lkp 42 42 42: when was the last time i updated you?
A----Solace: Aug 15ish
lkp 42 42 42: her mom died on the 22nd... i was gone to toledo for the funeral half of last week, asleep the other half, and by far set the lower bound on the test the past two days
lkp 42 42 42: but scott, jared, and ben plan to teach "lara's going to ace the january qual 101" this semester
lkp 42 42 42: so i guess i can't totally give up :-P
lkp 42 42 42: in the meantime i gotta find october pizza seminar people
A----Solace: I'm sorry to hear that. Definately don't give up! Hell if Paul and I can do it! :-)
~~~~
A----Solace: Do you have class after that? Wanna go to lunch?
lkp 42 42 42: i have a class at 1:10 right after that
lkp 42 42 42: so i'm not free til 2:30
lkp 42 42 42: i'd go somewhere between then and my 4:30 class if you're still around
A----Solace: I'll stick around then.

(A----Solace = sarah... the one american female 3rd year student in the department... she failed the qual last fall and passed in the spring... and has had to make a lot of back and forth trips home to texas for family emergencies this year... we like sarah, because in general she's incredibly nice, but also she can relate to me right now a lot more than most people around here)

indeed... yay for friends...

and here's the final 2... poor scott:

lkp 42 42 42: lol -- i went to buy my combinatorics textbook on amazon just now
lkp 42 42 42: and the first option is to put it on your credit card b/c that's the last purchase my account made
lkp 42 42 42: you're lucky i'm honest ;-)
smswtshnn: lol, you'd better be!

lkp 42 42 42: colleen and leigh are playing board games without me
lkp 42 42 42: thye just decided they want to play twister
(long pause)
lkp 42 42 42: you have *no* response to that?
smswtshnn: what, colleen and leigh playing twister??
lkp 42 42 42: yeah
smswtshnn: haha, i don't think that ones needs a response
smswtshnn: i'm sure you can picture my face and that's good enough
lkp 42 42 42: there is no good one, but it's a funny sentence
lkp 42 42 42: i can
smswtshnn: lol

night y'all.

No comments: