Wednesday, October 05, 2005

an "easy" weekend?

in a way this is good, in a way it's bad...

so i'm going to valpo this weekend for the dedication of the new prayer labyrinth in front of the chapel that was built in memory of my friend nicole. i fly out waaaaaaaaaay early on saturday and get back mid-afternoon on monday.

my current to do list is like 10 miles long. however,...

* even though my 105 calc students take their first test on friday and i'm responsible for grading half of the test, i'm not allowed to take the tests on a long-distance trip (lest an airline lose them or something... oi), so no grading this weekend.

* even though i have a lot of crap do get done for my work with my advisor, i won't have access to all the programs i need, so there's not much of that work i'll have access to work on

* there are only so many books you can reasonably fit in a carry-on suitcase for oral qual studying...

so my capability of working while in valpo is fairly limited. i will bring work, but, not being able to bring grading and not being able to work on maple while i'm gone means

(1) next week, tuesday and wednesday i'll have to grade my half of the 105 calc exams that i would otherwise grade over the weekend PLUS the quiz i give them next wednesday.

(2) since i won't have that much to show to my advisor next monday, i'll have to work double time next week even though i'll be grading like crazy too

(3) i give the pizza seminar next friday so i need to practice for that

(4) diane wants me to give a talk in the seminar she runs, and so i need to start meeting with her next week to discuss the details of the paper she wants me to present (which is a really hard paper)

so basically, i'll be free to have fun most of the time while i'm in valpo this weekend, and i'll return to a highly chaotic week when i get back.

not excited about next tuesday, wednesday, thursday, OR friday.

oi.

time for seminar.

later dudes.

No comments: