Friday, October 14, 2005

my pizza seminar

so i gave my talk today.

the abstract:
All about 1089
I will tell you why 1089 is cool without any scary (insert most feared math field of choice) techniques whatsoever. This talk is perfect for anyone who has a short attention span at the end of the week as I'll be changing gears every 10-15 minutes. Along the way I'll teach you a fun game (to be translated as nifty trick to baffle all your non-mathematical friends), I'll explain an early paper of a famous mathematician whose work you've probably never read, and I'll tell you a bit about British experimental mathematics of the late 1990s. All thanks to 1089.

my advisor came. he was the only professor there (professors normally aren't invited).

his review?

wow lara! that was a really good talk. you were entertaining, but more than that i was impressed with how you presented on so many levels and covered so many different topics at once. even i learned something new!

i'd say that's a success, eh? :)

later dudes.

No comments: