Sunday, March 20, 2005

hello from jersey!

what a day.

yesterday, it was fantastic to see heather, denny, uncle dave, aunt michele, and amy... a lot of circuitous driving, but nothing too bad, and it was nice to see everyone i did...

today, man oh man...

i left my uncle's place in northern SC (half an hour south of charlotte, NC) around 9:30 this morning... my day was FANTASTIC until just barely south of washington DC... there, a semi-truck had crashed over and smashed at least two other vehicles, completely blocking all 3 lanes of I-95 north... so we were all merged into the HOV lanes instead, and the backup started 10 miles before the wreck... that slowed me down considerably and i got to carli's place an hour/hour and a half later than hoped for.

however, i joined her for potluck/bible study and arrived 15 minutes before they actually started eating anyhow... turns out the guy whose house the bible study was at was also a valpo grad... just 4 years ahead of carli (which means 6 ahead of me)... so half the bible study was valpo folk :-P

after the bible study, i went to carli's house and visited for the better part of an hour before hitting the road again... then 3 hours more back to jersey in the rain, but even with a caramel macchiato from starbucks when i made a pitstop near the MD/DE border, i was crashing... i called travis who entertained me for about 40 minutes, until our connection died... then got annoyed when very drunk friends of his brother were calling to me on his phone about the time i was doing all the crazy lane changes to get off the turnpike and headed in the right direction home. drunk people... oi... i just hung up and turned off my phone at that point.

lucky for me, when i got home, eric was over here visiting with colleen and her sister, so i drafted him to help get all my crap out of my car, and told him a bit about my week before he just now left...

now to get *me* some sleep before church in the morning...

what a week indeed.

yay for seeing so many people... but also, yay for sleep.

night y'all

No comments: