Friday, March 04, 2005

new look... same great taste?

as you can see, totally gave the blog a makeover tonight... i was chatting with a friend as she was setting up her own blog for the first time, and it inspired me to give mine a new look... the picture i had up was only a couple months old, but pretty sure i had the navy background with the neon dots for at least a year?

anyhow, this one caught my eye, and i had a picture of me that color coordinated with it ;-), so it works... only thing that bugs me a little is that they had pretty script headings for "recent posts" and "archives" on the side column, but since i add so much extra stuff to the side column and wanted it uniform, i made my own jpegs for each section over there. although i used the same color for the background as their original images did, (i used the dropper in paint shop pro and copied the hex code, so i mean EXACTLY the same color) it doesn't look quite as nice... also i didn't really like any of the script fonts on my computer as well, so i ended up with the current one instead. the lack of uniformity of font size over there bothers me a little, but for now, it'll do.

enjoy the new look, bet on how long it will last, and be assured that just because this page looks all formal now, that doesn't mean i'm going to give up my unformal rambly/venting posts, which are generally the norm.

be parties one and all!

night :-P

No comments: